College2Career hosts virtual college fairs for California students

Image via Unsplash

College2Career will host free virtual college fairs for California high school juniors and seniors through Zoom on Sept. 24, 29, 30, Oct.1 and Oct 2. 

The virtual college fairs will feature 93 Out-of State and International Colleges for students to explore their future college opportunities. Attending students will hear from admission officers, gain information from specific colleges, learn about college opportunities and view presentations about colleges from 28 states and seven countries. 

“I think it is always good for our students to be exposed to more schools other than just UC’s and Cal States,” school counselor Leah Fuller said. “Sometimes, students don’t realize that there are thousands of colleges that could actually be a better fit than the UC’s, especially when it comes to their career interest.” 

The virtual fairs will take place via Zoom in 45 minute sessions. Students will get to learn about specific majors available in college, including healthcare, business, S.T.E.M. and liberal arts. Students may attend live so they can ask questions and interact with admission counselors, or they may view session recordings on their own time after registering. 

“I will definitely attend [a session] so I can learn about the best ways to apply to colleges and what they are interested in when it comes to forming my application,” senior Zoha Ahmed said. “I hope to learn about different areas in the medical field because that is what I am interested in. I want to know more about what it takes to work in the medical field and the different opportunities available to help develop my skills.”

To register for a session, students can go to https://college2careerfairsconnect.org/virtual-fairs/#reg