One-of-a-kind food spots to try near Irvine High School

Rare eateries in the vicinity of Irvine High

Image via Sam Hingco

Sup Noodle Bar offers Vietnamese cuisine “crafted by comfort-food lovers, made for every food lover.”

Taking a bite from a warm heavenly donut after an exhausting day of tests can mean a lot more than what meets the eye. Studies show that eating food “increases awareness and mental sharpness” (Best Brain Foods for Studying and Memory Boosts, ncu.edu). Fortunately, the plazas near Irvine High School have an immense variety of cuisine all within walking distance of campus. From Mochi Donuts to Carne Asada Fries to Garlic Shaken Noodles, the centers near campus are crowded with all kinds of eateries for students to savor on. Featured is a list of eateries within walking distance of Irvine High School that are rare to find anywhere else.
modo

• Modo Hawaii

ModoHawaii in Heritage Plaza is located within one of Mitsuwa Market’s stalls. All the way from Honolulu, ModoHawaii is a pop-up now available for Irvine residents. Everyday offers three new flavors, available to view via their website modohawaii.com. To order your own box, Modo makes this process as efficient and comfortable as possible, utilizing online appointment slots in which each customer must use to buy their donuts. MoDo is definitely a spot to check out if you are craving a delicious dessert after a long day.

14230 Culver Dr, Irvine, CA 92604

• Burntzilla

Burntzilla in Walnut Village draws quite the crowd among students and though known for the sliders, their fries are the way to go. A fan favorite, the Carne Asada fries, are loaded with asada meat, fresh cheese, onion, guacamole, and tomatoes, serving up to two people. And on weekends, they have a brunch menu featuring their loaded strawberry French toast and other brunch sliders. With only one location, Irvine High is lucky enough to have this shop located just a ten minute walk away. A taste of their crispy Carne Asada fries followed by a sip of their Sweet Tea hits the spot after spending the day listening to endless lectures.

14413 Culver Dr, Irvine, CA 92606

omomo

• Omomo

Omomo in Walnut Village offers quality teas with the goal of  “creating memorable experiences in every sip.” The menu provides a caramel brulee cup for some of their drinks: the Camo Thai, Omomo Matcha, and Oreo Brulee Green Milk Tea. The caramel brulee cups find themselves covered with a cream coating on the interior of the cup, adding a smooth custard texture. The fruit teas and fruit tornados on Omomo’s menu attract many, both for their heavenly taste and aesthetic presentation.

14435 Culver Dr, Irvine, CA 92604

bp

• Boiling Point

Boiling Point is a popular hot pot franchise, located in Heritage Plaza behind Mitsuwa, infamous for their sizzling bowls of broth. The mixture of the broth and the tender meat make the absolute combo. Although the meal can get pricey, many share one bowl since the broth is bottomless. Boiling Point’s simmering broth and tender meat make for an excellent meal to wind down after a grueling test day.
14140 Culver Dr, Irvine, CA 92604

cloudy

• Cloudy Tea

Cloudy Tea is Irvine’s latest addition to Irvine’s boba scenery and is luckily located right next to the campus for students to enjoy. Situated beside East Coast Bagels in Heritage Plaza, this spot offers a variety of desserts ranging from boba to slushies to cloud teas, even selling sweet treats like boba waffles and milk tea shaved ice. A refreshing sip of their Mango Coconut Smoothie paired with a bite of their appetizing Matcha Waffles make the perfect pair after a long day of schoolwork. Make sure to note that they are completely cashless at the moment.
14370 Culver Dr suite D, Irvine, CA 92604

noodle

• Sup Noodle Bar

Sup Noodle Bar recently opened in Heritage Plaza and this asian fusion spot is the place to be if you’re craving a rich bowl of soup after spending the day writing and typing. They offer Vietnamese cuisine “crafted by comfort-food lovers, made for every food lover.” The tenderness of the meat in each bowl of Pho is impossible to recreate anywhere else. Other menu items include the Shaken House Fries, Garlic Noodles, Pho Short Rib, and even Chicken Wings. Stop by with a few friends and grab yourself a warm meal on a winter’s day!

14370 Culver Dr Unit 2H, Irvine, CA 92604

Images via Sam Hingco