Online student news from Irvine High School

Aryan Sureen

March 22, 2021

Aryan Sureen, who has committed to New York University for DIII tennis. He’ll be majoring in psychology while completing pre-med prerequisites and minoring in film alongside athletics. He says he’d like to extend thanks to Coach Russell for believing in him, and Daniel Wei at Air Force Academy for always pushing him to do better.

Q: What are you looking forward to at NYU, and why did you choose it?

A:  I am looking forward to the city and the people I’m going to be surrounded with. I cannot wait to learn from every experience I have and study medicine at one of the best colleges in the country. I chose NYU because it allows me to pursue my three passions equally and consistently in the level of opportunity in the creatively and intellectually rich city of New York. Excited for what’s to come, and thankful for what has passed.

Q: What was the most rewarding part of the process?

A: “The most rewarding part was when I submitted my application. It was a double edged sword in a way, because I didn’t submit any other applications. I full sent one for NYU and spent hours and hours on my essays. I was confident in my application and I really didn’t see myself going to another school, but I was still a little uneasy until admissions came out. There was no guaranteed admission for athletics like there was for other schools. I’m just thankful and relieved that I have the opportunity to study and play tennis at such a perfect fit for me.”

EL VAQUERO • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Activate Search
Aryan Sureen