Online student news from Irvine High School

Girls Cross Country

Away from the usual summer heat, girls cross country started their season on February 6 against Beckman. They had their league finals on March 20, ready to prepare for the next season. Players had to wear masks and stay six feet apart while stretching. However, they were allowed to run without masks when ten feet away from one another.

“This cross country season was very unique; we didn’t attend large meets full of runners from all over California, and even the country, and we were no longer running in the heat of August. However the season was still a lot of fun and we got to experience new things, such as running courses located at the campuses of the other high schools in our league,” junior Anoushka Khajanchi said. “Improvement is always a hope and a goal for the next year. It’s going to be my last season with cross country and I want to finish strong!”

The team was happy to be able to compete and run as a team, especially with the uncertainty provided by the pandemic.

“The highlight of my season was definitely our cross country league finals! It wasn’t my best race by any means, but it was really fun for us all to come together and celebrate the season,” freshmen Danika Outericky said. “Next year, I would love to break some personal records or an IHS record if I could!”

EL VAQUERO • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Activate Search
Girls Cross Country