IUSD Summer School and textbook returns updates

Free Stocks

Image via Unsplash

• Students need to pick up all their personal items before 6/5
    • All students who have personal items on campus must come and pick them up.  This includes items in PE Lockers, School Lockers, Athletic Lockers, Dance Lockers, Artwork, etc. 
    • On signup genius, there is a form to make an appointment to come and retrieve your belongings. The link to signup form can be found on each class’ canvas page. 
    • Only the student picking up the item is allowed onto campus. Parents & Siblings must remain in the car. The student is required to wear a mask or face covering. 
    • Any items left behind will be donated or disposed of as of June 5, 2020.
  • Irvine High is planning to have the graduation ceremony on June 4th at 5:00 p.m.
    • There will be specific detailed information sent next week. Irvine High will continue to work with the Senior Class Council and members of the Grad Night Committee to identify a date and event for this summer where we will be able to get together with our graduates and celebrate in person. If large group gathering restrictions are still in place Irvine High will provide alternative dates.
  • Check-in schedule
    • Students will come during this time to turn in textbooks, Library books, athletic equipment, PE uniforms, instruments, choral apparel. Yearbooks, caps and gowns, and senior lawn signs will all be distributed as well. 
      • The schedule is the following: 
        • Seniors 5/26-5/27 (2:00pm-6:00pm)
        • Juniors 6/1 (2:00pm-6:00pm)
        • Sophomores 6/2 (2:00pm-6:00pm)
        • Freshmen 6/3 (2:00pm-6:00pm)
      • A more detailed schedule is announced on each class’ canvas page
  • Summer school is moving entirely online
    • Students are expected to set aside 2.5 hours per day per class to attend “live” virtual lessons, read, complete assignments and activities on Zoom or Google Meet.
    • More information, please visit Irvine Unified School District summer school website.
    • As of now, both year round and traditional schools are scheduled to start on time (July 15 and August 20 respectively). Once California Department of Public Health released reviews in early June with additional guidance from the Orange County Health Care Agency, Irvine Unified School District will provide an updated for year-round schools.